Applications now open for a uniquely designed program for early-career women of colour
We’re thrilled to announce the launch of Accelerate Her Future’s (AHF) Fellowship Circle – applications are now open!
AHF’s Fellowship Circle is a highly curated and intimate Fellowship program for self-identifying Black, Indigenous, and other women of colour in Canada looking to invest in their career development and position themselves as strong candidates — while investing in their future selves. This is a 10-week program designed by women of colour for women of colour, providing community, small group mentorship circles, webinars, fireside chats, and networking with leaders from top business and tech companies.
How the Fellowship Circle redefines mentorship experiences/relationships
Our 2019 AHF Summit was a one day pilot of this program which included small mentorship circles, talks, panels and fireside chats. We heard loud and clear from the participants that they loved the community building and the experience. They also wanted more! More time in their small mentorship circles with women of colour managers and leaders. More time to meet more professionals and peers to build their network. And the opportunity to also hear from and meet allies and professionals of all genders in business and tech.
We’re very proud that 100% of AHF’s 2019 post-Summit survey respondents said they would recommend AHF to a friend.
So we listened! We’ve been hard at work as a team designing a program that helps participants build community, grow their network, connect with leaders, and develop their skills. We’ve also engaged our Advisory Group that includes students, recent grads, leaders, and career development professionals, in the design process. We’ve designed something special.
“As a business student, I attend many summits/conferences/events etc. and I can truly say that AHF wasn’t just adding to the noise of the numerous ‘diversity’ centred events, but rather filled a niche and executed the event with delivered intent, where the mission emanated from every person in the room.” – Summit 2019 participant
Wondering about the Fellowship Circle Eligibility Criteria?
Consider Applying if:
- You self identify as a Black woman, Indigenous woman, or other woman of colour (i.e.Arab, Filipino, Japanes, Korean, Latin American, South Asian, South East Asian, West Asian, etc.) based in Canada
- You are currently a student at/or a recent graduate from a Canadian college or university, or have been in the workforce for up to 3 years *
- You are pursuing a career in business or tech
- You will commit to completing AHF’s 10-week Fellowship Circle, January – March 2021 (on average 1.5 hours per week)
* If you are a student at a Canadian college or university and are taking a gap semester or year due to the pandemic, you are eligible to apply
Why apply to be a Fellow? Here are the benefits.
- Participate in virtual small group mentoring circles
- Attend virtual webinars, fireside chats and panels led by inspiring leaders
- Participate in a holistic program covering leadership development, personal branding, career advocacy, wellness and other topics tailored to your experiences
- Develop your gender and racial equity knowledge
- Access AHF’s tools, resources and guides to make the most out of your experience
- Expand your network of peers and industry leaders
- Attend a virtual wrap-up networking career event and gain access to AHF’s online community
And most of all, you are investing in your future self!
To learn more about AHF’s Fellowship Circle, click here.
Applications for the Winter Cohort are now open and close November 23, 2020. Apply today!