Accelerate Her Future’s Fellowship Circle for Black, Indigenous and other self-identifying women of colour pursuing early-careers in business and tech.
Fellow applications for Winter cohort are now closed.
A highly curated and intimate Fellowship program for women of colour in Canada looking to invest in their career development and position themselves as strong candidates — while investing in their future selves.
AHF’s Fellowship Circle is a 10-week by-application program designed by women of colour for women of colour – a tailored and highly curated experience for early-career women of colour, providing small group mentorship circles, webinars, fireside chats, and networking with leaders from top business and tech companies.
Important Dates for Winter Cohort:
- Applications Open: October 23, 2020
- Applications Close: November 23, 2020
- Successful Fellows Informed: December 18, 2020
- Fellowship Circle Winter Cohort: January – March 2021
How it Works
Check Eligibility Criteria Below
- I self-identify as a Black woman, Indigenous woman, or other woman of colour (i.e. Arab, Filipino, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, South Asian, South East Asian, West Asian, East Asian, etc.) based in Canada
- I am currently a student at or recent graduate from a Canadian college or university, or have been in the workforce for up to 3 years *
- I am pursuing a career in business or tech
- I am committed to completing AHF’s 10-week Fellowship Circle every Thursday, January 21 – March 25, 2021, 6:30 – 8:00 pm EST
* If you are a student at a Canadian college or university and are taking a gap semester or year due to the pandemic, you are eligible to apply.
Benefits for Fellows
- Participate in virtual small group mentoring circles
- Attend virtual webinars, fireside chats and panels led by engaging facilitators, leaders and allies
- Participate in our holistic program covering leadership development, personal branding, career advocacy, wellness and other topics tailored to your needs and experiences
- Develop your gender and racial equity knowledge
- Access to AHF tools and resources to get the most from your mentoring circles
- Expand your network of peers and industry leaders
- Attend a virtual wrap-up networking career event upon program completion, and gain access to AHF’s online alumni community
- Access to discounts and/or early-access to other AHF webinars, offerings and events
What is the eligibility criteria?
Please refer to the Eligibility Criteria found on the Become a Fellow page.
What types of questions should I expect in the application?
The application form is made to be user-friendly. It includes a combination of basic demographic and applicant profile questions as well as open-ended questions. You will also attach a 2 page PDF copy of your resume.
What is the selection committee looking for when they review my application?
The selection committee will encompass the AHF team. Each submission will be anonymized (names and schools removed) and reviewed independently by two selection committee members. Criteria will include an understanding of AHF mission and Fellowship Circle goals; clear expression of career goals; views about equity, inclusion and justice; leadership potential; and strong commitment to the value of fellowship and community.
Is there a participation fee?
There is no fee to apply. Selected Fellows pay a $50 participation fee, if they are chosen. We do offer financial support bursaries which applicants can indicate in the application form.
What is the time commitment for AHF’s Fellowship Circle?
AHF’s Fellowship Circle Winter cohort will run virtually over 10-weeks January 21 – March 25, Every Thursday night 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm EST.
What will I gain from participating in the Fellowship Circle?
AHF’s Fellowship Circle has been designed by women of colour for women of colour. Successful applicants (Fellows) participate in a variety of fun, engaging and meaningful sessions including mentorship circles, interactive webinars, fireside chats, panels, and discussions tailored to the unique experiences of early-career women of colour. Participants who successfully complete the program will be invited to a virtual wrap up career networking event as well as gain access to AHF’s online alumni community.
What industries and companies will be represented by the mentors and facilitators in the program?
Mentors, allies and speakers will represent the business and tech sectors, as well as subject matter expertise in the area of career and leadership development and equity, diversity and inclusion.
How many times per year will AHF’s Fellowship Circle run?
AHF’s Fellowship Circle is bi-annual. Our first cohort is planned for Winter 2021 (January – March). There is an application period prior to each offering.
Can I apply again for a future Fellowship Circle?
Of course! Applicants who are not successful for the Winter cohort can apply again for a future cohort.
I’m interested in supporting the program as a mentor, ally or corporate partner. How do I get involved?
We’d love that. Refer to the Become a Mentor page of our website to learn more about joining the Fellowship Circle as a mentor or ally. To inquire about partnership opportunities go to the Become a Partner page under Get Involved.