About Accelerate Her Future™ (AHF)
Accelerate Her Future™ is a career accelerator providing tailored programs for Black, Indigenous and women of colour to launch their careers in business and tech while building networks of solidarity, allyship and action. We envision a world where Black, Indigenous and women of colour are fully participating at all levels of leadership in business and tech.
Courageous action | Compassionate engagement | Authentic voice | Transformative solutions
What is the opportunity?
AHF is hiring for an exciting role in the area of marketing. In this role, you will work with a dynamic team within a collaborative and interactive environment gaining experience in marketing and event related projects.
The Marketing Assistant will collaborate closely with AHF’s founder and Operations and UX Lead.
What will you do?
- Provide organizational and operational support in the development and execution of virtual programs and events
- Work in collaborative environment and assist with all programming and events
- Provide project management support including organize meetings, track action plans and prepare communication and draft materials
- Support hosting and facilitation of virtual sessions providing real time meeting support using virtual platforms
- Conduct research and participate in team meetings
- Support development of online learning materials including modules and other resources
- Assist with program feedback and evaluation forms, review, analysis, reporting and enhancements
- Assist with newsletter, community development and database management
- Support social media strategy, social media asset and caption development, and writing blogs as needed
- Support program innovation projects as needed
- Apply emerging understanding of intersectional feminism and racial and gender equity concepts to program development and day to day work
- Attend weekly team meetings and respond to communication in a timely manner
You agree that you will be working from a remote / home office location in Canada and confirm that you have the capability to work from a remote / home location in Canada.
What do you need to succeed?
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strives for growth mindset and open to giving and receiving feedback
- Comfortable within a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Self-starter and comfortable sharing ideas
- Superior computer skills
- Flexible, adaptable, resourceful and strong personal initiative
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and establish/maintain effective work relationships within a remote setting
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
What’s in it for you?
- A dynamic and highly collaborative team environment
- A supportive team that provides coaching, mentoring, and learning opportunities
- A team culture committed to your success as much as we want you to help us enhance our impact
- Work within an environment where wholistic wellness is woven into how we work
- Opportunity to develop essential skills including: client service, teamwork, communication, digital skills, and leadership
Start date: June 13, 2022
End date: August 12, 2022
Work Hours/Week: 30 hours
Work Environment: Virtual / Your Home Office
Hourly rate: $17
Application Deadline: May 20, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until this position is filled.
Please complete this application form and attach your resume (PDF, 2-page maximum) by May 20, 2022.
Accelerate Her Future™ is on a mission to advance the full participation of Black, Indigenous and women of colour at all levels of leadership within business and tech. We encourage applications from Black, Indigenous and women of colour and those who have historically been excluded.
We would like to thank all applicants for taking time to submit your application. We are a small team and will contact only those selected for an interview. We will review applications on a rolling basis until the role is filled. If you have a question or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs during the recruitment process, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.