TERMS AND CONDITIONS – FELLOWS
This document constitutes the official Divity Group Inc.’s (“We”, “Us” or “Divity Group”) Accelerate Her Future Fellowship Circle (“Agreement”).
The Accelerate Her Future Fellowship Circle is a 10-week by-application program designed by by BIWOC for early-career BIWOC in business and tech – a tailored and highly curated experience providing small group mentorship circles, career learning labs, webinars, fireside chats, talks, etc.
2. Important Dates
Applications open: March 18, 2021
Applications close: April 11, 2021
Successful Fellows informed by: May 7, 2021
Fellowship Circle Dates: June 2 – August 4, 2021, every Wednesday 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm EST
3. Application Process
- Eligible applicants must submit an online application to participate (accelerateherfuture.com).
- Eligible applicants must also submit with their application a maximum 2-page PDF copy of their resume.
- Applications will be evaluated by the Selection Committee based on selection criteria (See “Selection Criteria”).
4. Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for the Accelerate Her Future Fellowship Circle, applicants must meet all requirements below:
- Self-identify as a Black woman, Indigenous woman, or other woman of colour (i.e. Arab, Filipino, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, South Asian, South East Asian, West Sian, etc.) based in Canada
- Currently a student at or recent graduate from a Canadian College or university, or have been in the workforce for up to 3 years *
- Pursuing a career in business or tech
- Will commit to completing the 10-week Fellowship Circle (June 2 – August 4, 2021, every Wednesday 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST)
* If you are a student at a Canadian college or university and taking a gap semester or year due to the pandemic, you are eligible to apply.
5. Application Review Process
- Applications for the Accelerate Her Future Fellowship Circle will be evaluated by the Accelerate Her Future team who are not related to, in a non-arms length relationship with, or in a director supervisory relationship with applicants. All decisions made by this Selection Committee are final.
- Applications will be anonymized (applicant name, academic institution and program will be removed) and evaluated by two independent reviewers.
- Fellowship Circle participants (“Fellows” are responsible for completing relevant surveys conducted by Accelerate Her Future.
- Fellows will be available June 2 – August 4, 2021, every Wednesday at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm EST (average of 1.5 – 2 hours per week).
- Fellows commit to coming to the weekly sessions prepared, ready to learn, engage and have fun.
7. General Criteria – Participation
- By participating in the Accelerate Fellowship Circle, each applicant agrees to be legally bound by this Agreement.
- Divity Group reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend, or suspend the Accelerate Her Future Fellowship Circle.
- To be considered an eligible entry, Divity Group reserves the right to review entries.
- Fellows accepted into the Accelerate Her Future Fellowship Circle will pay a participation fee. Students and recent graduates looking for employment pay a participation fee of $50 Canadian dollars. Recent graduates employed in a full time position pay a participation fee of $100 Canadian dollars. Financial support bursaries are available to applicants, if applicants claim to require financial support in their application (i.e. self identify).
- Divity Group shall not be liable for the failure of any applicant submission or entry to be received by Divity Group for any reason, including, but not limited to technical problems, traffic congestion, or any other issues.
- Divity Group shall not be liable for any injury or damage to an applicant’s, or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Accelerate Her Future Fellowship Circle.
8. Termination of Competition
Divity Group reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to void any entry and/or withdraw, suspend, amend, or terminate this Fellowship Circle in whole or in part (or to amend these rules) in any way at any time without prior notice (but subject to applicable law), in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Divity Group that in Divity Group’s sole discretion determines, interferes with the proper conduct of the Accelerate Her Future Fellowship Circle as contemplated by these rules, or in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Accelerate Her Future Fellowship Circle is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such attempt be made, the person will be automatically disqualified and Divity Group reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Divity Group reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or time frames stipulated in these rules, to the extent necessary, for the purposes of verifying compliance by any entry with these rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances, which in the opinion of Divity Group, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Accelerate Her Future Fellowship Circle as contemplated in these rules.
9. Personal Information
The Fellow acknowledges that in the course of the program, they may create or have access to information that is treated as confidential and proprietary (collectively, the “Confidential Information“). The Fellow shall treat all Confidential Information as strictly confidential and only use the Confidential Information for the purpose of the program. Confidential Information shall not include information that is or becomes generally available to the public other than through the Fellow’s breach of this Agreement or is communicated to the Fellow by a third party that had no confidentiality obligations with respect to such information.
11. Intellectual Property
The Fellow understands that Divity Group is and shall be the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest throughout the world of the program including all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights (collectively “Intellectual Property Rights“) therein. For the purposes of clarification, this section does not apply to the Fellow’s own notes and reflections.
12. Force Majeure
Divity Group will not be liable or responsible to the other party, or be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement, when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by any: acts of God; flood, fire, or explosion; epidemics, pandemics, including the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic; war, terrorism, invasion, riot, or other civil unrest; embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement; national or regional emergency; strikes, labour stoppages or slowdowns, or other industrial disturbances; passage of law or governmental order, rule, regulation, or direction, or any action taken by a governmental or public authority, including but not limited to imposing an embargo, export or import restriction, quota, or other restriction or prohibition; (each of the foregoing, a “Force Majeure”).
13. Use of Names
- The Accelerate Her Future Fellowship Circle Fellow gives Divity Group the permission to publish, in any format, their name, image or likeness, and participation in the Accelerate Her Future Fellowship Circle without compensation, for teaching, learning, advertising, and promotional purposes for use now or in the future. This includes the telling of “success stories” that arise from Fellowship Circle.
- The Fellowship Circle Fellow may not use Divity Group’s or Accelerate Her Future’s name in any publication or advertisement without Divity Group’s express written consent.
14. Independent Parties
Fellowship Circle Fellows acknowledge that they are acting independently from Divity Group and that they are solely responsible for its actions or inactions, and that nothing in this Agreement will be construed to create a partnership, agency, or employment relationship between Divity Group and the Fellowship Circle Fellows or its representatives.
By accepting the terms of this agreement, you consent to having Divity Group use aggregate data and trends gathered from the Fellows application and program feedback surveys administered during the program on an anonymous basis to enhance the Fellowship Circle Program, for inclusion in Accelerate Her Future impact and research reports and website or otherwise shared with funders or partners.
During the Term, either party may terminate this Agreement without cause upon 14 days’ written advance notice to the Fellow.
Either party may terminate this Agreement, immediately upon written notice to the other party if the other party breaches this Agreement, and such breach is incapable of cure.
Divity Group reserves the right to terminate, modify, amend, extend, or suspend this Agreement upon 14 days’ written advance notice to the other party.
Refunds: If the Agreement is terminated before the program starts, then the Fellow will be refunded the $50 fee. However, if the Agreement is terminated on the date of/after the program starts, then there will be no refunds provided.
This Agreement or admission into the Fellowship Circle may not be assigned or transferred by the Fellow to another entity without the prior written consent of Divity Group.
18. Limitation of Liability
You agree, confirm, and acknowledge that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages.
We explicitly disclaim any liability with respect to any claim, suit or action made by a Fellow. You agree, confirm and acknowledge to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless with respect to any such claim.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Divity Group, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable lawyers’ fees) arising out of or relating to your breach of this Agreement.
If the applicable law does not allow the limitation of liability as set forth above (limitation of liability), the limitation will be deemed modified solely to the extent necessary to comply with applicable law.
This section and section 16 (limitation of liability) shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
20. Governing Law
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and treated in all respects as an Ontario contract. The Parties hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario and all courts competent to hear appeals.
21. Important notes about our agreement
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us. You confirm that you have not relied upon any promises or representations by us except as set forth in this agreement.
- If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid, unenforceable, or otherwise contrary to law, the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- To clear any doubt, all clauses regarding limitations of liabilities and indemnification shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
Need more information?
The Accelerate Her Future Fellowship Circle is administered by Divity Group Inc. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Fellowship circle should be directed to:
Phone: (416) 219 1456