Divity Group Inc. and our affiliates and subsidiaries (“Company,” “We,” “Us,” “Our” or “Accelerate Her Future) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our website users (“you“).
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.accelerateherfuture.com (our “Website“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, if any, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy does not apply to information that:
- We collect offline or through any other means, including on any other Company or third-party website (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, birth date, gender, telephone number, LinkedIn Profile, credit card information, country of residence, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, billing and account information, and any other identifier we may use to contact you (“personal information“).
At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Website or services or be able to access and use the Website or services at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website or services. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website or services through registration processes; communications with you; information downloads; service use; purchases; user support; and surveys.
We provide an opportunity for any user to unsubscribe from our e-mails or opt-out of contact for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails or e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature or to report our program impact on an aggregate basis.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our mailing list, newsletter or other services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH COOKIES AND OTHER AUTOMATICE COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). To learn more or to opt-out of tailored advertising please visit Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Tool for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To send you newsletters, information brochures, emails or other promotional as well as non-promotional content.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails or e-mail us at email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We collect information for the following purposes (among other purposes not explicitly listed here.
Mentor Application: In order to become a mentor, you must provide us with your full name, email address, company name, title, and other demographical information, and LinkedIn profile. We will also ask you to provide more information about yourself to help us make an appropriate match with successful applicants for the Fellowship program. You have the option to provide us with your photo and to allow us to make your full name and photo available on the Website with a hyperlink to your LinkedIn profile.
Partner Form: In order to inquire about partnership and sponsorship opportunities, you may contact us directly or complete the contact form on our website. The form includes provision of your name, company, title, email, phone number and preferred method of communication.
Volunteer Form: In order to be considered for volunteer opportunities as they arise, you may complete the volunteer form where you will provide your name, current job title or area of study, phone, email and service/program area of interest for volunteering.
Summit and Events: If you purchase tickets for events listed on the Website, we will ask you to provide certain pieces of information to properly register for the event. Please refer to forms provided during registration of event.
Marketing communications: You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications form us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication.
Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services which we use for analytics and program impact measurement. Aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Website, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
(i) Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, the data, and all right, title, and interest in the data, is the exclusive property of Company. Unless legally or contractually obligated, the Company does not in any way assign, transfer, or convey title or ownership of the user and shall have no rights to copy, use, reproduce, display, perform, modify or transfer the data and any derivative works thereof.
(ii) In the event that the Company is obligated to transfer the data to another person or entity, the user shall indemnify, save, defend, release, and hold harmless Company and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and permitted assigns (collectively, the “Company Indemnitees”), from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, expenses, fees, settlements, penalties, and costs (including legal fees, court costs, and expenses related to its defence), resulting from any claim, suit or action brought against the Company Indemnitees, arising out of, resulting from, or related to Service Provider’s failure to comply with any of the provisions set out in section.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact us by sending us an e-mail stating your concern to email@example.com.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us using the contact information listed below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you make your decision.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
Last modified: 19-AUG-2022